There are two different ways in which I combine Craiglist and eBay to make quick and easy profits. They are both incredibly simple to do and can bring in very good money.
Before I get into telling you how to make money with this method, there are a couple steps you need to take…
1) The first thing you need to do is sign up for the eBay Affiliate Program if you are not already an affiliate. It’s very easy to do and it’s free.
2) The eBay affiliate program is through Commission Junction (CJ) so after signing up you will be sent an email from CJ. It will contain your log-in information and there will be a form attached to it that YOU MUST mail or fax to them. DO NOT forget to do this because it is required. Details are in the email.
Note: You will also be sent a “welcome to eBay” email. Look for it and save it because it gives you some links and information you will find useful.
Ok now that you are an eBay affiliate it’s time to start using them to make money on Craigslist! As I stated above, there are a couple ways to do this.
Here is the first eBay method:
Go to the “wanted” ads on Craigslist. They are under the “for sale” section in about the middle of the page.
You will see all sorts of different ads for people wanting various items. A large percentage of the items people want are being sold on eBay.
So all you have to do is find what they want on eBay. Then reply to their Craigslist ad telling them you have found what they are looking for and give them your affiliate link to the item on eBay.
Here is how you do that, step-by-step:
1) You are already in the Craigslist “wanted” section and you see a bunch of ads that people have put up wanting various items.
2) Click on one of the ads. For example, the ad title might be “Wanted – RV, No junk and open to all” and when you click on it the ad says that person wants a RV that is in good condition and reasonable price.
3) Go to eBay and find what they are looking for. You can use the search function. Or if you know what category the item would be in you can go directly to it.
4) If the item is something that can’t easily be shipped (such as an RV) then you will want to narrow the listings to the area the person is in. On the left column of the eBay listings you will see “search options” and under it there is “location”. One option is to pick items within a certain number of miles from a certain location. Check the box next to that and choose the miles and the location. Now scroll down and click “show items”.
5) You will now see all the eBay listings for that item within the specified miles of the specified location.
6) Create your link. Open a new window in your browser and go to eBay’s Flexible Destination Tool. Follow the instructions to create your link to the eBay search listings from step 5.
7) Go back to the Craigslist ad (see step 2) and reply to it. Tell them you found X amount of the items they are looking for and they are all within X amount of miles of their location. Give them your affiliate link to the eBay listings.
You’re done. It’s that simple!
Here is an example of an exact ad I replied to just the other day from the Orange County, California (where I live) wanted section:
Cash Flow 101 - The board game by Robert Kiyosaki
I am looking to buy Cash Flow 101 - The board game by Robert Kiyosaki
Please email me with a reasonable offer and the condition of the game
I found that ad and used the steps outlined above to find the listings for the game being sold on eBay.
Here was my reply to her:
Re: Cashflow 101
I saw your wanted listing on Craigslist for Kiyosaki's board game. I see there are 24 listings on eBay for that item right now. I'm always willing to help out, so I figured I would let you know you can get them on there.
Here is the link directly to the listings:
[my eBay link I created using step 6 above was here]
The link is long so I hope the html works. If not just copy and paste it into your address bar.
I Hope that helps.
She then wrote me back thanking me for giving her the link to the eBay listings and telling me she found one on there that she has now bid on.
See how easy that was! It literally took me five minutes. After you do it once you will be able to fly right through the process.
I’ve used this method many times and it works very well. Of course, not everyone will buy or reply but some do. And since this method is so easy for you to do, it’s more than worth your time.
Remember you can do this in any city. It is not limited to your own area. You just have to go to the Craigslist “wanted” ads in any city and then search for the items in that area in eBay.
And now we are on to the second way you can use Craigslist and eBay together to make money...
Here is the second eBay method:
Remember up in the affiliate method where we posted ads with your clickbank (or other affiliate) link? Well, this method is quite similar except you will be sending them to physical products using your eBay links instead of digital products using your CB link.
To do this you will combine parts of what we have learned so far. You will be posting ads similar to how you did in the affiliate/clickbank method. And you will be using eBay and the eBay affiliate tools as described just above to find products to promote and create your affiliate link.
This is great because there are so many different things being sold on eBay it makes the possibilities nearly endless for items you can promote on Craigslist.
I will give you an example using an ad I posted last night…
I have noticed that jewelry seems to be a hot item on Craigslist and I also know that a lot of jewelry is sold on eBay. Plus, jewelry tends to be small so shipping from pretty much anywhere to just about anywhere else is easy, so you don’t have to limit your search to items in the area you are posting to. Because of these factors I decided to post an ad in that section.
So I used the steps above in the first part of the eBay method to create my affiliate link to all the listings for “Diamond Engagement/Anniversary” Rings.
Then, I went to the “jewelry” section of Craigslist and posted this ad:
>>> Diamond Engagement Rings <<<
Over 12,000 Diamond Rings. Many styles and great prices!
Check them out:
Diamond Engagement Rings (this text was linked to my eBay link to the diamond ring listings)
[I also added a picture of a diamond ring]
That’s all you have to do. You can do this with any of the categories under the “for sale” section of Craigslist. You never have to stock, ship, or do anything else with a product yet you can still sell just about anything you can think of on Craigslist.
Again this is very simple. After doing it just once you will be able to quickly go through the steps time and time again.
That’s the power of combing eBay and Craigslist to make quick and easy profits!